1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Games' started by eddiebrock, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiebrock

eddiebrock Thread Starter

I just got a new laptop and was wondering what kinds of benchmarks would be good to make sure it performs as well as it should. I'd like to know how to compare it to similarly configured laptops in games and multimedia applications.

Also, is there a way for me to see the make of RAM I have. I know how to find out the amount, but it never says the manufacturer.

2. McTimson

McTimson

A quick search for laptop benchmark came up with this CNet page. It shows how they benchmark their laptops, and what programs they use to do it. Worth giving a quick read, at least.

To find out the make of your ram, you can run CPU-Z. It's free, you can download it by clicking the link under 'latest version' in the top left corner of that page. When you run it, click the SPD tab, and it will show vendor information, if it's possible to show it for your system. Some RAM manufacturers don't show, I think. Otherwise, you could just open your memory access panel on your laptop, and take the sticks out (while the laptop is off, of course), there should be a sticker or model number or something on them. Put the number into Google and see what comes up. Good luck! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432990

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice