BenQ DW1640 write failure problem...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

icurnvs

I bought a refurbished BenQ DW1640 DVD-RW (Beige Front) from newegg.com which came flashed with Firmware BSHB. With firmware BSHB I am able to burn Data CD’s, Music CD’s, Data DVD’s, and Movie DVD’s. I have since updated the drive to firmware BSMB and BSOB, thus where my problems begin. After flashing to BSMB and then to BSOB, I have write failure problems on DVD Movie disks. I am able to burn Data CD’s, Music CD’s, Data DVD’s, fine with either BSMB and BSOB firmware. When I try to burn a DVD Movie, it will write to about 77% complete using Nero Ultra Ver. 6.6.0.16 and Sonic RecordNow Deluxe Ver. 7.21 using Nexxtech DVD+R CMC MAG E01 media. And when I had both BSMB and BSOB firmware’s flashed to the BenQ DW1640. I tried to burn the movies using my Sony DRU-500A with firmware 2.1a, using Stomp RecordNow MAX Ver. 4.5. This drive also produced write failures at 77% completion using RecordNow Max. After flashing back to BSHB I am once again able to burn DVD movies with both the BenQ and Sony DVD writers. I would like to use the new updated BenQ firmware’s as I like the new added features and media support. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System Configuration:
AMD 2800+ XP
Windows XP Pro (SP2)
1GB Ram
NTFS File System
Antec 550W Power Supply
Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 Video Card, AGP 64MB
Creative Audigy Sound Card
BenQ DW1640 (Master, Motherboard Controller, IDE 1)
Sony DRU-500A (Master, Motherboard Controller, IDE 2)
ZIP 250 (Slave, Motherboard, Controller, IDE 2)
WD 160 GB (Master, Maxtor Ultra 133 TX2 IDE Controller, IDE 1)
WD 160 GB (Slave, Maxtor Ultra 133 TX2 IDE Controller, IDE 1)
Maxtor 120 GB (Master, Maxtor Ultra 133 TX2 IDE Controller, IDE 2)
Maxtor 120 GB (Slave, Maxtor Ultra 133 TX2 IDE Controller, IDE 2)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online