Benq monitor shows non preset mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RoadsideAssasin16

Hello there
I tried to connect my PS3 with my benq lcd monitor using an HDMI to VGA convertor....it does display but alternate display and black screen appears. Is there any way to fix this??
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate edition
My monitor is benq senseye 3 lcd monitor

Oddba11

Jim
Two possible causes. First and foremost, HDMI supports HDCP (copy protection) which I believe is checked and enforced by a PS3. The converter is stripping if off as VGA doesn't support it. Second, it could simply be a resolution issue. The PS3 would need to be set to use a resolution which the monitor supports.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online