bent pins brand new motherboard socket?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spudy12

Just to clarify that I'm not being silly. Bought a brand new Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-UD5H Motherboard off of amazon. Was from a company selling through amazon. Product arrived with antistatic bag open which confused me a little. Contacted seller and was told its because the I/O shield is missing which is why it was cheaper than the others sold there.

Come to put a CPU in it and after removing protective cover some pins seem to be bent. Its an lga1155 socket and from images on google (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/Intel_Socket_1155.jpeg) the pins look like that however a few look bent straight upwards. Is it suppose to be like this or is it broken?

Spud

None of the pins should be bent upwards. An I/O shield is one thing (presuming that it was advertised, or you knew it was missing when it was purchased), but I would return it if it has bent pins.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online