1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostic Tools

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Biddlesby, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biddlesby

Biddlesby Thread Starter

Hi all, got some trouble with (I think the hard drive) and I need to run some diagnostics. It won't boot though, so I need something bootable.

I am looking at:

Ultimate Boot CD
    Packard Bell diagnostic CD

What do you use, and what do you think is the best?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The UBCD contains numerous diagnostic tools, the most important ones in regard to hard drive diagnostics are the ones from the hard drive manufacturer's themselves. You can also download the same diagnostics or newer versions of them from each hard drive manufacturer, for example if you have a Seagate hard drive you would use/download the Seagate SeaTools diagnostics to test the hard drive.

The PB diagnostics are likely similar but customized for PB.

3. Biddlesby

Biddlesby Thread Starter

I'll try that, thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917367

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice