1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best budget video card

Discussion in 'Games' started by djcool563, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djcool563

djcool563 Thread Starter

What is the best budget video card out right now? i want one that will last a year er 2 without needing to upgrade? I am looking for hopefully sub 150 but would prefer sud 100 dollars thanks.

2. imjerry

imjerry

3. djcool563

djcool563 Thread Starter

Can anyone else say that is a good one that will play the high end games for a year?

4. Alex4

Alex4

It should do the job great. It may not play very high end games like BF2 too well with setting maxed out. (y)

5. Mayor Quimby

Mayor Quimby

what are you system specs? other factors beside video cards are important when it comes to playing high end game.

For example, i had 512 mb memory, and my ati radeon 9800 pro ran battlefield 2 at all low settings with occasional lag. I updated that memory to 2 gb and now i can run battlefeild 2 at all high settings with no lag.

6. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

What slot are you using also matters AGP im guessing.

I run a ATI 9600, and I can run Doom 3 with settings at Ultra high, I get only around 10 FPS, but thats not bad for an older card.

I would say bump it to a 9800 pro, about $125.
    Or even a 9800XT for about $160.
    You decide, but check out this link on AGP bencmarks and find out where you want to be.
    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050705/vga-charts-pcie-02.html

7. Rukee

Rukee Banned

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/416266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice