Best computer brands

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lamina

I am looking to buy a new computer for under $700. I need it mostly for web surfing and music downloading. Can anyone recommend a brand or model? How about Compaq?

Lamina

There's only one shop in my area that builds them and this is what they have:
AMD Duron XP2000+
ECS K7SOM+ Motherboard
3D Audio, 10/100 Lan, 64Mb Video (Shared Ram)
256Mb DDR Memory
40Gb Maxtor (7200rpm) Hard Drive,
keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc. 1 year parts and labour
$399

Plus: WinXP Home $140
CD 52X Writer $25
Norton 2003 $35
Total: $599, plus tax (I'm in Canada:( ) $685.85

You can build pretty decent systems off of newegg for cheap. Some people hate it but I've found some decent deals on the site. Just my .02

Originally posted by Lamina:
Total: $599, plus tax (I'm in Canada:( ) $685.85
Last time I checked, that was under $700, but I could be wrong.
If you want it cheaper, you can't ask for the best.

Lamina

Yes, I know that's under $700 - I can do the math. It's just that there are Compaqs and e-Machines for $100 less and I don't know enough about the components to figure out if this is a good deal. Larger stores deal in higher volumes and can sell for less but it seems that nobody is ever happy with what they buy, whether it be a Dell, Compaq, IBM, Gateway, e-Machine, or whatever.

Your get a lot of junk that gets added to Dell, Compaq, IBM, Gateway, e-Machine.
If you have one made then it does not havee all the software junk installed. Your have hardware that you can upgrade. Your have your own Windows CD. Your have a BETTER running PC.

Also if it is a local shop ask about what other PC setups you can get from them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online