1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

best defrag and registry doctor for XP Pro..??

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by a.l.e.x., Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. a.l.e.x.

a.l.e.x. Thread Starter

well it's in the question really.

which is the best one of each in yuor experiance? i used to love Norton, but i wouldnt go near it with a 10ft bargepoll these days.

the xp defrag looks highly unconvincing to me though......so what am i gonna get guys?

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    What's unconvincing about the XP defrag tool?

3. eightup1

eightup1

hands down executive softwares disk keeper 8 is the best defrag ... windows xp's defrag is a very stripped down version of this .

and try tuneup utilities 2004 for a registry and repair tool ... they have a 30 demo on line ... google it .

4. eightup1

eightup1

by the way ... i have heard of several people having huge problems ..useing other defrags with xp [ read LOST data ] ...... if your going to try anything else back up any thing that can't be replaced....

5. a.l.e.x.

a.l.e.x. Thread Starter

the problem with xp defrag is it gives no detailed information about whats going on, yuo cant alter the options as to what is defragged (blank bits/occupied bits) what happens to clear space (left/wiped/overwritten) and to me there looks to be a HUGE amount of apparently 'unmovable' files . in the past the unmoveables have been like 40-50 little squares, in xp itsa massive section looks like about 60% of the colouresd area

with so many 'unmovable' files how can the defrag be doing a decent job (moving files around to the front of the disc to make faster access)?

so to put it briefly: its useless

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice