Best Defrag/AV/Fire Wall etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

naveen_venayak

Hey all, hows it going

I was just wondering what the Best Defrag (Currently using o&o Defrag), Antivirus (Currently using Nod 32, happy with it), Firewall (I heard sygate was good), and system cleaning utility according to you, thanks

naveen_venayak

ok, thats what i got, everyone says its great and it seems good for now, any ideas on any of the other stuff?? I need to know the Defrag and Firewall, cause norton hasn't been treeting me all that good lately. And all Norton 2004 products have blacklisted Cd-keys so u can't update them and they will stop working after 3 days. Oh ya, and do you know if the new version of Nod 32 has a feature that doesn't let you shut it down withour the proper password?? Thanks, talk to y'all l8er

In my view, ZoneAlarm has one of the very best firewalls around, free or pro. Sorry, no personal experience on a defrag utility. But, I can suggest going to WebAttack for disk cleaners.

Originally posted by naveen_venayak:
...do you know if the new version of Nod 32 has a feature that doesn't let you shut it down withour the proper password??
No, I do not think that NOD32 has that as a feature, but just to be certain you may think about asking the question on the NOD32 discussion group found here.

There is a password to protect settings but that would not be the same thing, I think, as password protected shut down of the application.

Norton AV

Diskeeper 8.0 defrag

Zone Alarm

All free. (the only way to fly) ;)

BTW, do you have a link to O&O? I've been meaning to try it.

I just started a thread today on a defragger that I have been using, called Buzzsaw. Check out the post!

I don't know what your OS is; Buzzsaw won't run on W9X.

I LOVE the program.

The direct link is in my post. Or, go to downloads.com and search for "Buzzsaw".

I get all teary-eyed...I'll never have to defrag again!

OK thanks. I just downloaded it and I'm about to run it now. Some people are saying that it crashes easily, but that could be something else on their computer too. I'll let you know how it works ;)

A

adambailey

the best defrag is already on your system if its 98 or xp always take nav from now on any i got 03 very good no probs! also run norton personal fire wall what can i say there is no better so thats $100 worth spent!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts