Best email program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tehon3299

What is the best email program?? I am using Outlook Express but I want a program that allows me to minimize it to the system tray and still check mail every so often. Outlook Express just lets you minimize it to the task bar. Any ideas???

A

adambailey

out look express xp from windows office xp you can do alot with that version

tehon3299

I have that...The only thing that I want it doesn't do though...You can set it to check for messages every so often, but it has to stay open in your task bar. I want to minimize it to the system tray.

A

adambailey

no i cant find an option to do it either but its the best email program though

tehon3299

That is awesome. I downloaded the first one and it worked great and I tried the regedit too and it works just as great. Thanks!

I think it was in "e-mail options" or "tracking". Once there simply press ALT+N. If you press F1 and then have it look on the net it will find complete instructions on how to do it.

The Opera browser has the built in mail client, M2. It doesn't minimise to the system tray, but it does check your email every so often and puts up a subtle tool-tip at the bottom left of the window when you recieve mail. It also means that you don't have to switch between two seperate programs for browsing and mail.

www.opera.com

In Outlook Express 6, click on tools/options/general and under send/receive, check for new messages every so many minutes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online