1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best epub and mobi readers? (ZERO experience with this)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Alex Ethridge, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

When I say I have zero experience with epub and mobi, I mean ZERO.

I just downloaded a book in epub and mobi formats and would like to know what you guys think are the best epub and mobi readers. I'm not interested in doing anything in "the cloud", synchronizing across devices or anything like that as I can simply copy the files between devices, myself (I guess).

I hate ads and would rather pay for a program that has no ads than endure the ads and other pop-ups in free ones.

In case it matters, I'm using Windows 10 on three types of computers, a regular desktop with dual twenty-seven-inch monitors, a fourteen-inch laptop and a twelve-inch tablet. I'll probably never read a book on my phone.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I had to install Calibre on my laptop to help to people with Kindle devices. (I don't own a kindle). I had to convert from one format to another.

What device are you reading on?

On my one android tablet, the Kindle app was included. On another google play books or UB Reader work well. On a computer, my pdf viewer, Sumatra will open any epub or mobi file.
    https://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/download-free-pdf-viewer.html

4. Alex Ethridge

As stated in my initial post:

I'm using Windows 10 on three types of computers, a regular desktop with dual twenty-seven-inch monitors, a fourteen-inch laptop and a twelve-inch tablet.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Sorry I missed that.

I have no experience with Windows 10.

6. Alex Ethridge

So far, here's what I've found with Calibre and Icecream readers: When I click to make the reader full screen, it distorts the images by making them too wide on all three devices. I found out by accident last night that Edge will open epub documents and does not distort.

If there is any solution to the distortion, I can't find it.

Many of the documents I read deal with photography and this is very annoying.

7. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213222

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice