1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best Ethernet Adapter Configuration?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by themusikid, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. themusikid

themusikid Thread Starter

I play World of Warcraft and for some reason my latency is really high. We recently upgraded our ISP to high-speed internet, and I thought that might help. I was fiddling with the network adapter device properties and maybe I did something I shouldn't have... Now it is even worse. I am running Vista and what I want to know is what should all the settings in "Control Panel/Device Manager/Network Adapters/Realtek RTL8168C(P) 8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)/Advanced" be?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

The default settings for that adapter should work just fine. If you're having issues, my guess is that it has nothing to do with the Ethernet settings.

3. themusikid

I know that, but as I said before I CHANGED them lol... Thanks but do you know how to restore the default device driver settings without doing a system restore, and no rollback driver will not work.

4. Pookie

Pookie

uninstall the network card and reinstall the driver..that should put you back to default settings.

5. themusikid

If I uninstall it how will I reinstall it? I went to go download it from a couple of different sites but I couldn't find it... Or is it that when I uninstall I will be able to reinstall straight from the device properties menu? I have a "Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)" network driver and can't find anywhere to get it

6. themusikid

Anyone know?

7. Dezaras

Dezaras

windows should be able to find a realtek driver on its own ok

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/863127

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice