Best Firewall for gaming??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AZAREAL

I will be getting a DSL connection in the next two weeks and plan to do a bit of online gaming. I was wondering what firewall do you find better suited to gaming connections between the free Zonelabs, Norton's firewall, and Mcafee. Any suggestions you have are welcome. On another note I have heard of some problems running Zonelabs on XP and wonder if I should just purchase a product. (its AOL DSL by the way)

My system Athlon 600, 512mb ram, Wintek Geforce 2 GTS, SB 512, 12x10x32 CDRW, 6x DVD, Windows XP home

Thanks

I recommend Zone Alarm in any application... especially where you may be more likely to be hacked!

There is a free version & a pay Pro version...

You can go to the site by clicking here!

Savvy :)

Not to step on anyones toes, but the free ones are just as good and sometimes better. Tiny Personal Firewall is another free on but it is said to be a little more difficult than ZA. Some swear by Norton and my advise would be to avoid McAfee.

yep......i use z/a....its on all the time and i play quake on-line quite q bit..........had no probs at all.
EXCEPT.............im crap at quake,it didnt help me there at all.
maybe i should try TINY? :p

Well I can only speak from personal experience. I have had no problems with it over the last 6 months. I realise ZoneAlarm is supposed to be 'The Boy' but there was a noticeable slowdown in my systems performance.

I was curious is all... There are a few good ones out there. Most aren't free though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online