1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best Free Email Services

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Rikku, Jan 25, 2002.

Advertisement
  1. Rikku

Rikku Thread Starter

My email service - mailandnews.com - is closing down in February. It has been a great ad-free mail place that had newsgroup service, WAP access, POP3 access, and even 1-800 access to email - all for free.

I will miss it.

SO, I need everyone's help to find a new email home. :) I want a place that will last for awhile and preferably has little or no advertisement.

Space requirements aren't too much of an issue but a few megs would be nice... POP3 would be really nice, but I know that's hard to come by in a free service.

I look forward to hearing your responses!!!
    Thanks!

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

3. Rikku

Rikku Thread Starter

I'm sort of looking for a web-based service that had little advertising, is not a spam-magnet (like hotmail), and has a nice clean interface.

An example of what I'm looking for is: www.shymail.com
    The only reason I don't like shymail is that its fairly unreliable. And its interface is a bit whacked. But its a nice clean simple, relatively ad-free service...

Any suggestions?

Savvy Lady, Is 'pagusus' an email client or an email service??

4. Dark Star

Dark Star

5. Rikku

Rikku Thread Starter

I found a nice one at AnimeNation.com :)

cool!

no pop3, but there's no ads and i doubt i'll get any spam :)

yea! :D

6. Letterman

Letterman

Try www.onebox.com

No ads. Even features call in messages that are transferred to email. Free voice mail. Free call in and listen to your e-mail messages over phone.

Can't beat it!

Letterman

7. Mulderator

Mulderator

You know I had a law school professor that said there is no such thing as a free lunch! I think in today's environment, he would change it to there is no such thing as free e-mail ;)

8. Letterman

Letterman

9. fenwayrocks

fenwayrocks

10. Foamer

Foamer Guest

Incredimail is an e-mail browser. It isn't a e-mail service.

Pop3 mail server + reliability - too much adverts= (I think) would be Yahoo. You can have as many accounts as you want and is seldom down.

I agree with Muldars Law school professor analogy. If a sight says it's free and you don't get any ads... I'd start checking my computer for nasty addware, cookies and registery changes. ;)

11. MacFromOK

MacFromOK

Altavista will no longer have email services after
    03-31-2002 either... :(

I'm currently trying Yahoo mail. No spam so far. :)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!