1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best gaming headset?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Rogz, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rogz

Rogz Thread Starter

AudioFX Pro 5+1 by BenHeck

eDimensional 3D Glasses and Innovative PC Gaming Accessories

SteelSeries 5H v2 USB

Information - SteelSeries

Cyber Snipa SONAR Gaming Headphones

Sonar 5.1 Gaming Headset | Cyber Snipa

The Razer Barracuda HP-1 Gaming Headphone - This one takes a bit to load.

Razer Barracuda™ HP-1 5.1 Channel Gaming Headphones

All these headsets are a good price for me, but I cant choose which one I want, can anyone help me split hairs about these and talk about which one would be the best sounding out of all? I currently have the H2, but its the first ones.

Thanks in advance.

2. The General

The General

I've been looking for a gaming headset myself. I personally liked the Razer Barracuda and the Sonar headsets. However, they're both far out of my college budget.

I'd look up reviews and see what the bloggers have to say.

3. rajni

rajni

Hi,Cyber Snipa sonar Gaming Headphones are the best headphones.It is the latest in the field of communication. It have some features virtual speaker replacement, wide range of effects.You can really feel good when will use these headphones.

4. The General

The General

After literally spending an hour looking at gaming headsets, I did eventually narrow it down to the Cyber Snipa and the Razer Barracuda. I decided ultimately to go with the Razer set - the reviews for it's sound quality were impeccable, and combined with Razer's sound card the reviews seemed to show the best card on the market.

The issue with the Razer seems to be it's design. While many websites touted it's design, I suspect that they did not put the headset to normal use. If you go with the Razer, from what I read, you can expect to treat it with care. There's apparently a major design flaw in the left earpiece, that can cause it to snap. Also, it can't take hard falls.

I did read sporadic issues about some speakers in the phones going out, but they were immediately noticable - so if you buy this somewhere reliable, you can return it for a better set.

I'll keep this thread bookmarked and let you know how my trial of the Razer goes, if you're still interested.

5. reapcorp

reapcorp

Hello there.
    I own the Razer Barracuda Headphones and I have to say they are one of the best and most comfortable headphones that I own. Love the sound that comes out of them and they are great for music editing. Although they have a design flaw. The stupid mic keeps falling off and it is one of the worst microphones out there.

6. superbeast5

superbeast5

I have a Razor Diamondback mouse, It is really hardcore, drivers that let you alter your mouse buttons, create macros and what not using the click of 1 button, i know this strays from the topic but the point is Razor has always given me an outstanding performance, i would personally have to go with Razor.

7. The General

The General

Just got the Razer Barracuda headphones today. So far, they're wonderful. I haven't been able to fully test it out (I don't play a lot of FPS's) but I'm sure I will be soon. These headphones make everything sound crisp, and the controls on it are superb. I got a set of refurbs, so they've got some scratches and the like.

Maybe I have a big head, but they do seem a little tight. They seem super tight when I look at them, but they fit my head fairly well., They're comfortable, but be warmed, they're earwarmers. I'd definitely recommend them - also, a big plus that the lights can be turned off. They're like spotlights if you just have them laying next to you on the desk.

I'm getting the card that goes with it (the barracuda AC-1) next weekish.

8. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

best headset eva...medusa 5.1 progamer edition...hands down winner

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/711154

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice