Solved Best gaming mouse

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

davidfederal

Best mouse is a very personal thing. Just because an article recommends something doesnt mean that i tis going to work for you. I have been through 30 or 40 of the little rodents, some good and some bad, and the ones that I Found best often don't even come near top 10 lists.

as general advice-
1. Never go wireless. A cabled connection is always going to be better, more responsive, and doesn't suffer from signal loss.
2. Decide what you want. Lots of buttons? High DPI? Pretty lights? decide what your criteria is before you even look at mice. Its easy to get distracted by sales blurb, and too often you walk out with something that isnt what you wanted, but ended up buying because its got features x y z that, frankly, you dont want or need.
try before you buy. If theres a demo model out, use it. see if the buttons feel right, if they are where you want them, do they feel intuitive or is it a stretch to get to them? That doesnt mean you cant go for something new or different, but make sure its not going ot breal a finger off.
4. Make sure your hand fits. seems straightforward, but I have had many mice that seemed a bit long or short, and thought I could work round it. Generally, you cant. The wrong size or shape can ruin it for you.

as far as not keeping up with you, I have yet to see a mouse that cant. you might want to adjust the DPI, or get a nice big mouse mat with lots of room. Thats essential- small pads don't work.

Personally I am currently using a Roccat Nyth - The side buttons are very useful, and the multi config makes it easy to set up as you want it. for me its a good shape, ans very responsive. I used to have a Logitech G50- another very nice mouse if you dont need more than 4 buttons.
Again, its a personal choice, and good luck on the hunt :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online