1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best Graphics for $150

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Codemaster, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Codemaster

Codemaster Thread Starter

2. dashdanw

dashdanw

3. brite750

brite750

4. SOFwhitewolf

SOFwhitewolf

I myself had always had good luck with PNY and XFX video cards, have never had a DOA, never nay driver problems or overheating issues and i use stock cooling techniqes(2 case fans plus heatsink on video card and cpu) i would go with this one....http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150157

5. Jones

Jones

I have that card and it does a fair job of most games. I can play BF2 and 2142 quite well, and even Oblivion on medium. I'm pretty happy with it. (y)

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

6800 card is a great card!

7. Bigolac

Bigolac

8. brite750

brite750

i posted an article, i have no idea where you would get one. this article was written in early Dec 2006, I'm sure with that glowing review everyone and their uncle went out and bought one. there may very well be none left on the planet i mean after all its agp and agp is on the way out. also i imagine that after that review the price probably spiked up, you got low supply and high demand, free market forces are a beeoch.

9. brite750

brite750

here ya go, read the summary from the same article:

Summary
    So there you have it folks, these are the best cards for the money this month. Now all that's left is finding them in retail, and that part is up to you. They will almost certainly be cheapest online, but sometimes large retail outlets might surprise you with a good sale. Don't worry too much about brands because all of the cards out there stick pretty close to Nvidia and Ati's reference. Just pay attention to price, warranty, and the manufacturer's reputation for honoring that warranty if something goes wrong. Remember also that the stores don't follow this list, we follow them! Things will change over the month and you'll probably have to adapt your buying strategy to changing prices. Good luck!

10. Bigolac

Bigolac

Ah, once again, foiled by my arch nemesis - the market!

11. brite750

brite750

yeah, thanks Toms Hardware.....for nothing:D

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice