1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best guess when "Spring Update" ver 1803

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by larryh10000, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryh10000

larryh10000 Thread Starter

I just had the Windows Update version 1709 Build 16299.71 automatically downloaded and installed on three of my Windows 10 computers today 5-9-18 - I assume the "Spring Update" version 1803 will be pushed out automatically next, right?

I realize that the "Spring Update" Version 1803 OS Build 17134.5 to 17134.48 can be manually downloaded now but what is your best guess when it will be pushed out automatically to it's customers as I'd rather wait for it to be downloaded and installed automatically rather than me manually downloading it and installing it. This this "Spring Update" will be pushed out automatically soon?

2. Jack1000

Jack1000

It varies,

When I got Anniversary Update, it took five months. When I got Creator's Update it took about a month and a half for it to come through automatic updates. I would say 1-4 months. It depends on the age of your computer, and how many reports Microsoft gets about the new build errors. They always do the newest computers first. You have to look at the age of your computer, and the level of success or failure around the world of a new build update.

Satch

3. larryh10000

larryh10000 Thread Starter

I have one desktop computer that is only a year old and the other four are 4 - 6 years old. Thanks a lot for the info you provided, very informative - so now I won't hold my breath. I am in no hurry actually - all my computers running Windows 10 are working without any issues that I am aware of. I'll just wait for it to happen (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!