Best Looking Auto?

valis

That one has been in the news for years....falls into the 'believe it when i see it' category IMO....

valis

500 horse and and 1300 pounds....thing is going to go like a scalded cat. AND the dang thing is road legal.

Off-topic, I have zero problem with that being road legal. The 800 hp cars out there that are sold, yeah, I got issues there. Too many people with too much hp and too little common sense can buy a NASCAR car and venture out in public. Maybe it's my lack of faith in our younger generations, but that seems like a very bad idea.

Johnny b

John
.......................... The 800 hp cars out there that are sold, yeah, I got issues there. Too many people with too much hp and too little common sense can buy a NASCAR car and venture out in public. Maybe it's my lack of faith in our younger generations, but that seems like a very bad idea.
Agreed.
The average 'Joe' that walks into a showroom and is bedazzled by extremes he's read about...... is likely to be a hazard in one on the street. Little to no experience and probably even less common sense.
And, imo, that goes for my generation also.

Too many Ken Block wanna be's.
He has the creds as a professional the rest of us don't have, including me.

I see this in motorcycles, also.
First timers want one of those exciting 100+hp 600cc sport bikes and have no experience or idea of what they're getting into. They look like fun.
Ignorance can become stupidity in the space between seconds.

valis

the fact that my son, at 16, can buy an 807 hp Challenger when NASCAR limits it to 750 hp sorta points at the error in the system.

I've attended a few racing schools, have a few k hours in open wheelers, and there is no way in hell I would buy one of those. Le Twit is all of 16 and power is GOD to him.....young and HP is not a good combo in my view.

Johnny b

John
I guess I was lucky in my youth.
With age comes wisdom.
That and I couldn't afford a fast car or motorcycle back then.
Probably more of the latter lol.

Today, I probably wouldn't buy an Ariel Atom.
I look at such vehicles and have come to realize I can get more 'fun' for a hell of a lot less money.
Back in the mid 70's I put together a Corvair powered dunebuggy with a Chenoweth racing frame.
A lot like this one but with out a top

Sure, it was only 110hp, but set up and street legal, I had about $500 in the project, total.
And I had a lot of fun with it.
No Atom Ariel, but for $500 just 'as good' lol!

I've never had a mc over 100hp.
Actually, the most fun I've had on a mc was with a 30hp dual sport.

But I do like watching the antics of Street Outlaws :D
It's reality TV 1/4 mile at a time. :)

edit: whoops....1/8th mile at a time lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.