Best Mesh WIF Network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

josswallace

I have had BT Broadband for the last two years and when we got it the coverage was so poor that I had to program two old BT Hub 4's as wireless extenders in our kitchen/diner and lounge. This worked but having 3 different wireless network names is a pain, especially as we have SONOS.

I have now just moved to SKY and have the same issue and rather than pay £5 per month for Sky Boost to have the ability to ask for up to 3 WIFI Mesh Nodes I want to consider purchasing a Mesh WIFI system that will connect to whichever Router I have supplied. i.e. I can then safely go to BT, Plusnet etc...etc.

Attached to my Router I currently have a network extension box and I have Cat 5 outside the house to our lounge and our kitchen extension. I want to get a mesh system that I can hook up a node to in say the lounge and see if just one node gives me the coverage I need, its not that large a house, but the Sky coverage at the moment is worse that BT's was. The other advantage is that I have 12 days left to freely cancel my Sky order and having this morning spent 40 minutes unsuccsessfully tryin to contact Sky support I am not very happy with them. Essentially I am looking for 1,2,3, devices that can attach via ethernet offering two band networking.

I understand BT do a mesh "extender" type system that you can purchase in individual units but I would appreciate any advice I can get.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online