1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

best modem for 24Mbps ADSL line

Discussion in 'Networking' started by namo, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. namo

namo Thread Starter

I have D-link 2640U ADSL2+ modem. Now I have 12Mbps / 1Mbps internet connection. I am planning to move to 24Mbps /1Mbps intenet connection and I want to know if this modem is enough. What is the best modem so I get the full 24Mbps

Now with my current line(12Mbps / 1Mbps) the modem shows:

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):939
    Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):14463

2. namo

namo Thread Starter

waiting for reply

3. Abriam26

Abriam26

plz use speedtest.net

4. namo

namo Thread Starter

I am not asking to test the speed. But that I will move to ADSL 24Mbps download , 1Mbps upload , and I want to know the best modem that can acheive this speed

5. namo

namo Thread Starter

ADSL2+ has max download speed of 24Mbps and upload speed 1Mbps and most modem has this maximum limit. I am going to have a service at sownload/upload 24Mbps/1Mbps. Not all modem preform well ant the limit so I am asking for the best modem in term of speed. I don;t want an expesive modem with fancy wireless or another WAN port because I am not going to use the wireless.

6. namo

namo Thread Starter

what about linksys WAG120N? Is it good for line 24Mbps downstream\ 1Mbps upstream?line?

7. blakcshadow

blakcshadow

the 24Mbps down, 1Mbps up is the theoretical max, the best you will get. it would be better to know what you are currently getting and which current plan you have

8. namo

namo Thread Starter

I am getting a round 16Mbps. Some modems give me 14Mbps and other give me 16.7Mbps. Currently , I have linksysy WAG120N The defaulted mode is multi mode and when I choose this mode I get 15500 kbps downstream and 1200 kbps upstream. However, when I choose ADSL2+ mode, I get 16700 kbps downstream and 950kbps upstream

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977271

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice