Best Motherboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CoasterFreak

Everett
Hey all, I'm looking to get a new motherboard for my computer to get rid of a DFI with a VIA chipset (eww). I would like to know everyone's favorite motherboard. The motherboard must be P4 3GHz Socket 478 compatible and an Intel Chipset.

Or maybe even if not an intel chipset, just a really, really really good motherboard. I'm having trouble deciding on a good one. I hear Asus is really good, anyone have any special Asus models they know of????

Thanks

I have an older ASUS---P4 3ghz. Socket 478---Ran pretty well until the Sata controller went---I didn't replace it---just popped in a Sata card.

pugmug

Banned
The best, most stable intel chipset mobo's are made by intel. They are not overclockers but are easy to set up,trouble free and fast. For what you ask as far as your hardware goes check out these intel boards. D865PERL or D875PBZ. The 875 is no longer made but can be found new still. Both are great boards.

I totally agree with pugmug. I have built numerous systems with both the D865PERL and D875PBZ and never had a problem with either. Both are still available, just have to look around.

I do think I would go with an MSI board. Everything was fine with my new one but about 3 weeks into the intial install, the integrated LAN went out. I had to pop in a pci card because I did not feel like sending it back. Everything else about it was good, and it o/c pretty well, but then again this one is AMD...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online