1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best music sharing program???

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Tragedy, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tragedy

Tragedy Thread Starter

Hi, I was wondering what everyone thought to be the best music sharing program. Right now I have Grokster, but I'm having problems with it, so I'd like to change. I've been reading things about Kazaa Lite, but I know that Kazaa and Grokster share the same files and thats one of the probs...I would like more search results with more dependable downloading, also without the spyware and all that junk...please write back with comments.

Thanx!:)

Megan

2. Flrman1

Flrman1

Kazaalite is the best in my opinion. The latest version keeps your participation level at a constant 1000 giving you more sources and search results. You really should uninstall Grokster and get Spybot and run it after you uninstall Grokster.

http://spybot.eon.net.au/index.php?lang=en&page=download

Be sure to use the online feature in Spybot and install all updates before scanning.

Then go here and get Kazaalite. This is a direct DL link so it will begin when you click on the link.

http://kd2.edskes.com/downloads/klitekpp210b3e.exe

3. Stubbie

Stubbie

I also use kazaa lite and i have had no problems with it

4. Taz264

Taz264

Iv used winmx for about a year now had no problems ,theres no spyware or adware attached to this software ,give it a try the site is www.winmx.com its only a small program size. taz264

5. Tragedy

Tragedy Thread Starter

I've tried WinMX as well, but most of the time, with me anyway, doesn't most of the downloads get queued? But I guess it depends on what you're looking for...

6. Taz264

Taz264

Yer sometimes queueing is a problem but i just leave on even if it queueing or in red over night and most time its all done in morning it self searchs if left iv just got annie lennox whole album in 4 hours and im 56 dial up o well could be that shes crap but there was loads queueing broadband the way to go when im on winmx and someone copies a album of mine and they are broadband christ its gone over in 20 minutes ,all the best taz

7. Tragedy

Tragedy Thread Starter

lol, thanx taz:)

8. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Hi tragedy, You'll have a job to find anything better than Kazaalite,Ive tried them all over time and its by far the best in my opinion, Ive even found files 40 and 50 years old in there,and up to date stuff is a doddle .....cant reccomend it highly enough.....try it... ;)

9. gradebdan

gradebdan

Hi Tradge, I have tried the others and still think winmx is the best.
    no ads, no spyware no probs, i only have a 33.3 modem and have to come all the way from nz. Cheers Gra

10. joe2cool

joe2cool

My vote for KazaaLite too !

11. wizzkid

wizzkid

I think WinMx, but that is just me. I have always been able to find what I was looking for, eventually.

Wizzkid

12. Stubbie

Stubbie

I watch tech tv and one of their shows highly recommeneds kazaa lite also

13. TP109

TP109

kazza lite! (y)

14. Tragedy

Tragedy Thread Starter

I downloaded Kazaa Lite the other day and so far so good. I'm 17 and though I have a job, I don't really have the money to buy all the CDs I want, so I burn alot of them...I've been able to find everything I have looked for, so I think I'll stick with it until something better comes along...if anything does:p

Thanx Guys,
    Megan

15. joe2cool

joe2cool

Tragedy.......

[tsg=yourewelcome][/tsg]

:cool:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/144274

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice