Best network set up and configuration for gaming

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Izzledude

I had a question about what the best network set and configuration was for my home we do a lot if gaming and I want to make sure we are taking advantage of our 150Mbps speeds I have two routers my main is an Asus Tm Ac1900(in main office) and the second I would like to use as a repeater or additional access point is a Tp link router (front room) what would be the best recommend set up and configuration for these routers

Last edited:

TerryNet

Terry
With 150Kbps it really doesn't matter. All you'll be able to do is email and a little surfing.

TerryNet

Terry
With 150 Mbps internet service I doubt that you'll run into any problem unless you have more than a dozen (or maybe more) streaming movies at the same time. It's possible to have "too many" simultaneous users on a wireless network, so use ethernet where possible or be ready to switch some devices to ethernet if you experience issues with wireless.

Izzledude

We have multiple tablets and gaming devices. I have anything I can connect via LAN connected in that manner. Is there a certain configuration on the router I need ti make to keep its performance at its peak.

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
No. But as Terry mentioned, if possible use wired connections over wireless. Wireless is a "take your turn" medium. That means only one device can talk on a wireless network at a given time. This includes the access point itself. The more wireless devices you add to a wireless network, the greater the chance you'll have latency as more devices will have to wait their turn to talk on the wireless network.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online