1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best Nvidia card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ChuckJP, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ChuckJP

ChuckJP Thread Starter

I've been reading everything I can to figure it out for myself, but I'm still
    confused. I want to upgrade my GF2 MX400, so anything will be a major
    improvement. I want a 8X AGP card. Is the ti4800 the best available? I
    think I read that it is just a ti4400 with 8X AGP. I see a Gainward ti4800
    SE for 206. Any advice or ideas?

I know the FX is coming out, not really interested.

2. Rockn

Rockn

The newest one from nVida will be out in June...GeForce FX

128 bit memory bus that runs at 500MHz and the GPU is or will be faster than the Radeon 9700. I am sure ATI will have a faster card b4 they even release this card tho.

3. ChuckJP

ChuckJP Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, Rockn. I mentioned that I am aware of the FX, not interested. Not interested in ATI either, from experience. I know the 9700 Pro rocks, but I want a Nvidia card.

Trying to figure out what the best card is. I see a Gainward yi4800SE ( 128mb, 8X AGP ), but I don't know if it's better than higher priced ti4600's. I never see anything about a ti 4800 and Gainward is the only one I've seen. It seems odd that the ti4800SE is cheaper than a ti4600.

4. brianF

brianF

4800SE is the 4400 with 8x agp

4800 is the 4600 with 8x agp

Sorry I haven't seen a comparision review yet myself.

GforceFX sounds to me like it needs help, the cooling solution is suppose to be very noisy.

5. torgo

torgo

thats a good price for that card. I have an msi ti4200 128 mb card and I like it(11740 score in 3dmarkse). as far as brands go almost all th ti cards from any manufacturer will run fine.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116715

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice