1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best Nvidia video card so far?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vaikepois, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vaikepois

vaikepois Thread Starter

I know that GTX 690 is the newest one.. but alot say its not worth it.. it costs alot but isnt really that much better compared to older GTX video cards..

So my question is which GTX currently would be best?

2. matthewdownloads

matthewdownloads

Do you mean which is "best for the price"? The GTX 690 is the "best money-no-object" NVidia card in terms of raw performance. What is your budget?

3. vaikepois

vaikepois Thread Starter

Overally best .. i mean few of people that i know they say that Nvidia 690 is new product so its expensive. But compared to 680 it only a little better.. and 660 up to 680 dont have that much of difference...

So my question is.. which GPU is currently worth to buy? Which has superb performance and reasonable price....
    Cuz newest doesent always mean best..

4. OfTheBlade

OfTheBlade

690 is the best.

If you're a fool with your money, get it and enjoy the extra 4 frames a second that you can't notice versus the 670.

Or, be smart, get a 670, spend your few found $200 on something else... or here's an idea, save it!

5. dai

dai

you also have to take into account that your psu is capable of running whatever you decide upon

updated video cards usually mean updated psu as well

6. Robsy128

Robsy128

I'd say the 670 to be honest. It's not too expensive and there isn't much difference between it and the 690. Well, okay, a few extra frames per second... but that's it, really. Just a few extra frames per second for an extra £200 or whatever it is.

7. vaikepois

vaikepois Thread Starter

Mkay il keep eye on 670. So probably will upgrade to gtx 670 from HD 6850

8. Robsy128

Robsy128

Sounds good :) Just makie sure your power supply can handle it and you should be fine.

9. vaikepois

vaikepois Thread Starter

gtx 670 is bigger than HD 6850 or smaller?
    will 670 even go on my motherboard?

10. Robsy128

Robsy128

It's a big card, yes. It fits onto most motherboards and is PCI backwards compatible, which means that you don't need a PCIe 3.0 connection. Just make sure that your case is big enough, you have a big enough power supply and there is plenty of room to keep the entire thing cooled.

11. matthewdownloads

matthewdownloads

News to me. I know the wattage varies between generations but not that significantly(?)

12. dai

dai

wattage is minor it is the available amps for use on the 12v line and is not the gross amps amount listed on the label

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice