1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best OEM Gaming Desktop for $800

Discussion in 'Games' started by rmlrml, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmlrml

rmlrml Thread Starter

Hey guys, new to the forum. I came here through a Google search for the above title and found this great thread: http://forums.techguy.org/games/906425-best-gaming-desktop-i-can.html

Unfortunately, it has since expired and I am unable to post but I'd like to continue it a bit. Before I go any further please excuse my computer literacy- I am not well versed in components by any means.

The link to the system BG-0 posted looks great, and am very much interested in the two upgrades that Tanis recommended, however I too am looking to keep this as close to $800 as possible, and I was wondering if this includes a wireless card? Also, with Windows 7 costing around $100 (I'm hoping to get it at a student rate once my gf starts grad school in Sept) is there any way to lower the price?

Before I stumbled into this forum I was/am strongly considering this Dell right out of the box. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+...ssor/9697521.p?id=1218153428223&skuId=9697521

Now I am concerned that the Best Buy system isn't great for WoW. WIll the power supply be an issue? If I don't have an upgraded heat sink/cooling system will playing WoW for 2-3 hours at a clip cause physical or irreversible damage to the hardware or in ay way slow the system down over time? Finally, and I apologize for this wall of text, can anyone speak to the value of the two systems? It seems that I get a lot of computer through Dell (cheaper than iBUY and also includes Windows 7, wifi with 2x the RAM). Any input on this or on things I may have overlooked would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rob

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    If you already have a monitor, you can build one (or if you know someone to build it for you) for $600 or less.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice