1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best online cloud solution?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Bonecrusher123, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonecrusher123

Bonecrusher123 Thread Starter

Hey all, I'm using Dropbox and I've got 5GB of storage. Whenever I plug in my digital camera Dropbox automatically imports all the videos and photos I take. The videos are taking up far too much space, more than 500MB for most videos. By the way, how can I tell Dropbox to only import image files?

I just noticed that Dropbox has 100GB for $10 a month. What are other services like?

Is there another large company with a higher storage count that people could recommend?

What do users on here use as their cloud solution?

Thank you!

2. Bonecrusher123

Bonecrusher123 Thread Starter

Hey guys, I should have said this in my first post: I really don't need 100GB. Even 12-15GB would be enough for me. I really like how Dropbox automatically uploads the photos and videos to Dropbox as soon as I plug in my camera. Does Google do this as well?

Those are basically my needs: 15GB of storage and automatic upload to the cloud when I plug my camera in.

Thanks for any help!

3. NZ-Tech

NZ-Tech

Hi Bonecrusher,
    Free Clouds available that I know of without searching are:
    Dropbox - stand alone
    Google Drive - via Gmail.
    Skydrive - via Hotmail
    icloud - Need a 'idevice' for this one.
    I bet there's other options out there too.

Google mail & drive will give you a combined storage space of 15Gb.
    skydrive, Dropbox & icloud have a 5Gb limit as a 'Free' service.
    Another alternative is perhaps a 16 or even 32Gb Flash drive, its portable, not connected to the Net, transportable, etc.
    What about investing in a External Hard Drive & use this as a computer back-up system as well as a storage medium for pics & movies.
    You could also load tons of your favourite mp3's for making playlist too.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1112385

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice