• Intel

Votes: 27 7.1%
  • Chaintech

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Sapphire

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Soltek

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Other, Please put brand in a post below...

Votes: 16 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pugmug

Banned
Zman, nice little pole but best mobo for what? Overclock, stable, features, price/ preformance or pure speed, etc.

Zman1764

just overall performance, stability, oc'ing, etc...

Overall Performance..

Well I have been using EPOX motherboards at home and havent had any problems with them. :)

I'll go with the asus, they make top end boards and are overclocker friendly for you crazy cooks who go and add watercooling to make your processor that little bit faster.

the poll really should say best brand of motherboard, even Asus comes up with a stinker now and then, but it seems to have the most stable rep. many other brands seem to have rising and falling stock, gigabyte, falling and say, DFI rising.

crjdriver

I used to use and recommend soltek, however they no longer mfg mb for sale in the US. I think they may still sell boards in China.

My current favorite is an nforce4 ultra by epox. I have built 5 systems with this board and all have performed flawlessly.

For an intel build, nothing beats the stability of an intel board. If you want to oc the intel, then I would go asus.

crjdriver said:
I used to use and recommend soltek, however they no longer mfg mb for sale in the US. I think they may still sell boards in China.

My current favorite is an nforce4 ultra by epox. I have built 5 systems with this board and all have performed flawlessly.

For an intel build, nothing beats the stability of an intel board. If you want to oc the intel, then I would go asus.
heard something about Soltek getting merged with DFI, could be a rumor

I went with ASUS, however I really like SOYO, and my new Chaintech...
I actually am thinking of going with Chaintech for all future builds, haven't decided yet.

Asrock, because I use it, and it overclocks Nicely! looking at upgrading though so this thread may come in handy

crjdriver

brite750 said:
heard something about Soltek getting merged with DFI, could be a rumor
Last I heard they were not shipping boards to the US. There have been no updates on their web site since early July :( :(

It is too bad I really liked their boards; good value and very stable.

jiml8

Over the years I have used a LOT of different boards. The oldest one I have still in service is a Tyan Tahoe dual P-II which has been on 24/7/365 for almost 8 years and has performed flawlessly, even though I have three times lost modems durin storms on that machine.

When I built it that machine was bleeding edge.

The only manufacturer on my "avoid" list is gigabyte. Why? Look over there in the corner. See that stack of boards? Gigabyte, all of 'em. All dead. I prefer to have a board that lasts.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online