1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best P4 MOBO

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Servant of Eru, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Servant of Eru

Servant of Eru Thread Starter

I want to buy the best P4 MOBO (within reason,) on the market, as that's a large part of what makes the computer. I want it to have good Overclocking capabilities, as well as being good at hyper-threading. It also needs to support 3 184pin DDR-RAM modules, at up to 1.5 gigs of PC3200. Onboard sound and graphics are not wanted (or needed) unless the sound supports 5.1 THX DD Surround Sound; and at good quality to boot.

I also want to have 4-5 PCI slots, as well as an AGP 8x slot. I'm going to be hooking up dual monitors, and as I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it; I just though I'd throw that out. I'm also going to be doing a heavy amount (hopefully) of graphics intensive apps, as well as alot of burning and ripping of MP3s. Multi Tasking is a must. I want something that will run cool, and I don't want anything made by Gigabyte; as I got one made by them on my last rig that was a piece of crap.

Thanx In Advance,
    Irox51987

2. compilerxp

compilerxp

3. RSM123

RSM123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164659

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice