1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best Poput Stopper

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Piringa, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Piringa

Piringa Thread Starter

Whats the best free pop up stopper out there? I used to have one by panicware but it got messed up. I used to be able to hold ctrl and click to get a new window but now when I do that I get my homepage instead of the link I clicked.

So whats the best free pop up stopper out there?

Panicware only offers a trial versino now :(

2. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

FreeSurferMKll to me is tops for a pop-up blocker on it`s own , or maybe you could use a browser with a pop-up blocker built in like Crazy Browser .

3. BillC

BillC

I've read on several posts that the free Google searchbar has a very effective popup blocker. I use the one in my ZAP firewall and it is truely great.

4. Piringa

Piringa Thread Starter

Thanks but I rather not use up any more of my screen space.

5. xgerryx

xgerryx

Google toolbar 2 is worth the space it takes. You can close it down or start it up when needed. If you need more space just press F11. It also has a number of other handy features.

6. scmazter

scmazter

Here's also another one, it is even better then some that cost money, and free for non-commercial use.
    12 ghosts pop up killer LE

7. raybro

raybro

The best ... Bar None... popup stopper I've used to date is contained in the free browser MyIE2. Been using it for over 2 months and have yet to see 1 popup. AND you don't have to do a thing with it... It just works! :D MyIE2 has lots of other goodies too. Way better than IE any version.

http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm

8. man1ac

man1ac

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170830

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice