1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best Price on Powerpoint Software

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by The Watchman, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. The Watchman

The Watchman Thread Starter

We are in desperate need of the most recent version of Powerpoint Software.
    We are trying to find the best price
    available. So far $178.00 is the best
    we've seen. There's got to be a cheaper
    price somewhere on the planet right?
    Please help!

PS: To Dreamboat, thank you for your assistance on the report I had to do in Powerpoint. My instructor gave me quite a bit of help and I was able to get it done. However, I had to do it at school, not at home. That is the primary reason why I need to purchase Powerpoint, plus my father will need it for his Phd program.

2. angel

angel

What grade are you in? Microsoft offers deep discounts ($25 or $30 for the entire Office Pro suite) for educational purposes but you must qualify. Otherwise, $178 doesn't sound that bad.

3. The Watchman

I am in the nursing program at the University of South Carolina. My father is a pastor of a small Apostolic Church and in he is a graduate student. What other qualifications are necessary in order to get the discount?

Thank you for your timely response!

4. The Watchman

We would like to make a correction on the title of the software we need. We actually need Microsoft Office Suite 2001 (Powerpoint is included in the suite). Please provide the best price of this software. Thank you.

5. jbcalg

jbcalg

check out the univ bookstore but here's some info on Office XP, MS isn't pushing Office 2000 anymore, but you can still find it in stores

usually all you need is a valid student's card to buy the software

best buy has it for $149 compared to $479 regular price
    and here's Microsoft's site , same $149 price

upgrade prices are generally lower than the full price but it sounds like you need the whole suite - and you can't beat $149 for the whole thing

6. angel

angel

Check with your school. The college I attended is currently offering Office XP Professional & FrontPage 2002 Bundle for $35 and Office 2000 Premium Bundle Bundle for $30 with a valid student ID.

7. angel

angel

8. The Watchman

Thank you so very much! This is quite a deal, we've just made the purchase. We look forward to contacting you in the future.

God Bless!!

9. angel

angel

You're very welcome!

10. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Way to go, Angel. I couldn't find it!

11. angel

angel

Certainly took awhile! Sometimes Microsoft's site can be so frustrating!

12. The Watchman

We want to know how can we use one scanner for two computers. The software is ScanMaker V600/E3 Plus (version 2.38 for Win. 95) We now have Windows XP.

Also where can we find the best price on a PC Headset w/microphone? We had one with our "Andrea Voice Solutions" Software ($45.00), but it is now needs replacing. Know of anything cheaper and compatible?

13. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Have you tried www.tigerdirect.com? They have pretty decent prices on all computer stuff. Get yourself a catalog from them, then they send them about once a month.

As for the scanner, I think you'd be better off researching how to connect the two 'puters. Then, it's a no-brainer sharing printers and other peripherals. You might want to ask this question in the networking forum.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!