1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best program to keep trojan etc out?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by SkyGunners, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyGunners

SkyGunners Thread Starter

Hi guys,

There are many times those trojan, spyware manage to sneak in my com even i turned on my anti virus all the while, so i'm just wondering is there a program out there which run real time scanning to prevent those trojan from secretly infested my com in the first place? Please give some recommendation. Thanks

2. FD VISIONS

FD VISIONS

HI Skygunners

In order to protect your computer against threats know this: 1. Do not rely one one single piece of software (specially if it is Norton or McCAfee, they suck) to protect your pc; just because they come preinstalled on your pc it doesn't mean they're good. You need to have a strategy going from getting to know how threats work and how to get rid ot them to keep yourself informed; know what's out there in terms of antyspyware, antivirus, etc. Download and install AVG Antivirus, or try Avasst or even AdAware they're great I use AVG myself and I love it; and they're FREE. Turn on Windows Firewall it does a good job too. Keep you pc up to date, don't download anything you don't really need.

try that and you'll see the difference yourself, hope you find it useful

cheers

3. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

Ws' firewall is not very good, since it does not check outgoing traffic. I recently choose to go with "Kerio," which has been given high marks. "Comodo" may be better, but setting it up is beyond my abilities. I had been using "ZoneAlarm" free but of late have seen it negatively criticised.

Look into "TrojanHunter." It is not free, but the charge is one-time. AVG Anti-virus 7.5 is regularly recommended. "NOD32" is reputed to be the best A-V program, but there is no free version after the trial period. Same is true for "SpySweeper," which is also high rated.

{redoak}

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!