Best programming language for mobile

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mikejreading

Guys,

I am trying to make an application for mobile devices. I am aiming my device at my android mobile (purely for testing purposes). But would like it to be compatible with as many mobile devices as possible (if this is possible).

Can you recommend a progamming language for this? I am willing to use anything.

I'm mainly a BASH programmer, but I also have limited VB.NET experience.

It will be a mobile telnet/SSH client to connect to my server, and will need to issue remote commands to a server.

Any ideas on approach are welcome guys, I want it to be the most streamlined system I can make, and I, by no means claim to be an expert in this area.

Thanks in advance :)

mikejreading

We currently use the ConnectBot app.

Ive been tasked to create a company bespoke one.

Managers arn't happy with using ConnectBot.. they feel there is no design, and it's too "impersonal".

Buy hey... I'm not to reason why with a ****head manager!

I have explained to him that this isnt my area of expertise, but he's having none of it, so im still tasked to it.

Any ideas??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online