Best project topic

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chatterjee

I have to create a project (in Basic) for my class X exam.Please tell me which topics will be better to choose.

OBP

I think that you have to decide the project, but some guidelines would be to show your skills in as many of the following areas as possible -
Declaring and using variables and at least one variable array
Data Input.
Data verification, the date is a good one to use.
For/next or do/while loops
Saving data to a file, sequential or Fixed width.
Loading data from the saved file.
Manipulating the data in arithmetic operations and string manipulation (left/right/mid).
A user friendly Menu, with screen "location" used for positioning menu items.
Messages to the user, I used the Top screen line for titles and the bottom line for messages.

The kind of thing you could use for your project are
student Exam results, passes averages etc
the lottery results
Competition results (darts, baseball, football, cricket) preferably something you are interested in.
class attendance record
I can help you with some of the technicalities if you get stuck but unfortunately I can't run my basic under Windows XP.

chatterjee

Thanks a lot Tony! I never expected such a good support from anyone.

As far Xp is concerned,it is able to run Qbasic,which I use.I'll PM you the link from where you can download it.

OBP

chatterjee, sorry I forgot one of the most important skill to demonstrate, it is the use of Subroutines.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online