Best quality speakers for about $100, 130??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

berndawg84

Dunno if this is the right forum for this, but anyways...

I was looking to try and get the best quality speakers I can for around $100-130, maybe 140 max. So I guess, the best bang for the buck...any recommendations?

thanks

What exactly are you wanting? Just stereo, 2.1, 4.1 or 5.1?

Those speakers gotrootdude posted are really very nice.

NewEgg.com also has them for $130.

berndawg84

Those altec lansing ones look nice, thanks..and compiler, I'll look into those Logitech ones too

And I guess I want 5.1, I mean that's better quality than 2.1 or 4.1 right?

My only issue is that I have a Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop that's about 2 years old...so the sound card isn't amazing or anything, but it's still pretty good I guess...I guess it'll be enough to squeeze out enough power and clear sound from these speakers...

But because my sound card is a little older (and I can't upgrade it on a laptop) will getting something like 5.1 be a bad idea since my sound card might not be handle it? I'm not exactly sure what sound card I have, I'll have to check

I just want ones that have a real nice clear sound. I have this 4 speakers and a subwoofer set that I got for 50 bucks haha and the sound is kinda distorted sometimes...

I also just read about the Logitech Z560 4.1 A little bit more money than the Altec ones, but they seem even better quality

but yea, thanks, I'll look into these...anymore suggestions? I just hope my 2 year old sound card will still be able to decently handle these new speakers

Getting 5.1 is useless unless your sound card supports it. All the 5.1 means is that there are 5 sattelite speakers and one sub. There is a Creative Labs Exigy sound card you can add on to a laptop if you really want 5.1

Yeah... but the Exigy adds about $200 to the bill... and requires CPU power... And the Exigy is still not comparible to a real card.

Berndawg84: Logitech sells a 2.1 system for about $50, it sounds great and will work easily with your notebook.

What I don't like about many Altec Lansings (Excellent speakers still) is that they don't have manual adjustments for the subwoofer... so the bass (to me) is a bit too much... The adjustment is important as SUBWOOFER sound is effected by the enviroment!

berndawg84

ok thanks compiler, you convinced me...it really wouldn't make sense to spend over $100 on a 4 or 5 speaker system that my sound card can't even handle...and I'm not that desperate about it that I'd want to spend all that many on the Exigy card too.

I'll look into some 2.1 systems then, thanks

Anymore recommendations for some real good 2 speaker systems for around $100?

thanks..

berndawg84

ok thanks gotrootdude and compilerxp, I'll look into those logetich and altec ones.

And compiler...I might even get those more expensive 2.1 speakers from logitech, the ones for 150...I wanna get some pretty high end ones :)

But yea, thanks, I'll check this out

The $40 Z340 look high end already... not as much as their 5.1 set... with your notebook with its generic sound, you will not miss anything.

I got the Logitech Z340 for $25, and it's a decent system. A friend of mine has some Logitech 5.1 system that sounds awesome, but it's around $140, if not more.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts