1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best reasonable cost wireless routers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DKTaber, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

I have Comcast cable. The Motorola Surfboard modem is connected to my desktop via Ethernet cable. I occasionally have to work with friend's laptops, and need to connect to the Web wirelessly, so am considering getting a wireless router. Trouble is, I can't find much info on the Web that tells me what I need, and prices go from $25 to $1200. I figure I only need something very simple, since I have no home network or multiple computers throughout the house.

So, can anyone recommend a good and relatively inexpensive router? Review in PC World liked the Belkin N, but have no idea if that's suitable or overkill or what.

2. Jones

Jones

3. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

Sorry for the delay in responding; busy week. I check out the Linksys WRT110. User ratings are not all that good. Only 38% give it a 5, while 33% say it's no good. So I'm going to go to some brick and mortor stores to look and "feel" stuff there and ask some questions. Will report to the thread what I decide.

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

5. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

6. win2kpro

win2kpro

There may be some routers that come with wireless cards, but I don't know of any. You would need to buy your wireless card for your machine separately.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/814438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice