1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best, safest way to carry around a laptop without breaking it

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by FuzzyWuzzy, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy Thread Starter

Would you say a laptop bag is needed? I carry mine to school but Im so scared about it, that Im so worried for my baby.

I was at school today getting off the bus and my bag which I had my baby in, swung as I had the bag around my shoulder and the bags ends hit the metal doors of the bus. It was terribly shattering but like I said, I baby my comp to death and worried. Do you think my comp is ok? It would have loose parts inside will it?

2. dividertabs

dividertabs

If I carried mine around as much as you seem to I would definitely buy some protection for that $1000 investment. My bag was $30, and I didn't spend much time price shopping.

3. sinewave

sinewave

4. r00ted

r00ted

my brother carried around his old Toshiba (old as in < 100 mHz :p) in a regular backpack :p He also had a laptop bag thing for it to though for added protection.

5. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy Thread Starter

What if I carry my laptop like a note book under the arm.

I dont know. I dont like carrying big bags. But from the sounds of it, do you think my laptop is ok?

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you're really worried about damaging the machine, get a proper laptop padded case for it. I've carried them around for many years, and I've yet to break one. My wife ran over one, but even the laptop case won't solve that problem. :D

7. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    People are giving you advice because you asked for it and you are still debating.
    Why not just keep carting it under your arm till you trip and fall and watch it blow into a million pieces.... or spend the 30 bucks and protect your valuable investment?

To find out if your laptop is ok after whacking the door I suggest you turn it on and find out. I hope you are not disappointed because it wasn't in a $30 bag.
    Good luck.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice