1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best Scanner freeware

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by billhann, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. billhann

billhann Thread Starter

What is the best scanner freeware that will work with Windows7 and Samsung all-in-one printers, and MS Word?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What model is this All-in-one?

And what do you expect to do in Word that you need to scan things?

3. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

I scan things to insert into Word documents all the time. Why do you find the need to do so unusual?

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What is the model of this printer/scanner?

If you are scanning and inserting images is one thing compared to scanning and OCRing a document, is a different world.
    The best OCR program I feel is OmniPage Pro, but is does NOT come cheap. The built in OCR program that comes with Office 2010 is not bad, but not nearly as powerful as OmniPage.

As for scanning images, I would use the one that comes with the printer/scanner, most work real well and are designed to work with that hardware.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice