1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best scene from a movie

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Drabdr, Oct 1, 2008.

Advertisement
  1. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator Thread Starter

First Name:
    Brad
    Well.... I got this idea last night as I caught the last five minutes of meet John Doe. Now... I don't know if it is because I'm too hen-pecked, old, no Man Card, whatever, but I was moved by the acting. Barbara Stanwyck, in glorious black and white, so accurately portrayed a broken, prostrate woman. Watching her beg and come to her senses, not only about John Doe, but way more important.. the man that was John Doe. Of course, the brilliant portrayal by Gary Cooper helped.

I guess you can throw in your favorite movie, but... surely there is one 5-10 minute clip that you feel is the tops. I mean, you can argue all day about your favorite movie...

(oh.... Fast Times at Ridgemont High is outside the scope of this subject!:D)

2. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

3. Drabdr

First Name:
    Brad

Ohh... great scene. I love how he always raises his wide-open face mask just to talk.:D

4. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

I'm really fond of the scene in the Godfather Part II where Michael finds Kay at the house visiting the children. It's a small scene, but it might be my favorite.

5. Drabdr

First Name:
    Brad
    Not sure which is the best courtroom scene.... Scent of a Woman, or A Few Good Men. Any votes?

6. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

7. buffoon

buffoon

The final scene in "Silence of the Lambs" when Hannibal Lecter/Anthony Hopkins says on the phone that he's meeting someone
    for dinner (his former chief jailer, as it turn out):D

8. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

9. valis

valis Moderator

deckard finding the paper unicorn outside his door.

10. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

Off to youtube it.

Blade runner, right?

11. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

That's what I found at youtube. Doesn't give the entire story behind the unicorn, which is what I was looking for. Didn't get far enough into the book to actually know what was going on that far into it.

Spoil it for me, v. :p

BTW, hadn't expected to see the name vangelis there. Music for the movie? Only thing I know(not really "know" know - just read somewhere) about that name is that it's the oldest unchanged, unupdated website in existence

12. buffoon

buffoon

I'd vote scent of a woman.
    I'd also vote the final "pladoyer" of Anthony Hopkins in "Amistad".

13. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

Haven't seen Amistad yet. But I think Id rather take the 2 hours to watch the movie than taking however long it would be to read about it :p

One thing I don't like is movies that don't follow the book :p The Great Escape had very few similarities to the book, contrary to what they tell you at the start of the movie.

I have to admit that my favorite version of The Great Escape was Remi Gaillard's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q26aEDvJPb4 :D

14. katonca

katonca

15. valis

valis Moderator

yup. It's not the scene, per se, but the implications of it.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!