1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best security

Discussion in 'General Security' started by jwess, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jwess

jwess Thread Starter

Hi,

I have Microsoft Security Essentials for my Win 7 64bit OS.

My question is, what is simply the best and necessary software for viruses and spyware?

There are so many options out there, and I just want to know what is the real deal and what I really need.

Thanks!

Wes

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

These are questions we get quite often here. You could ask a dozen experts what they consider the best, but you'll get mixed answers - some will choose the same, some different...a lot of it comes down to personal preference.
    I use Microsoft Security Essentials on my Windows 7 machine and it's served me well. It's lightweight, doesn't bog down your system and does a nice job with protection. If you don't have any anti-malware protection installed, I would recommend MalwareBytes or Superantispyware (honestly you could have both and they are free). Make sure you have an active firewall and that you stay up to date with Windows Updates. Most importantly, the best advice we could give with your machine's security is have common sense when browsing the internet, opening emails or downloading anything. :)

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

See the link below. It would take 3-4 hrs of work.

4. reticentAJ

reticentAJ

First Name:
    AJ
    lunarlander, is there a problem with the website or is it just me? I can't go either of the arrows to go forward or background. I'm assuming that one page that loads is not the only page there is.

5. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

The arrows don't move the pages for me either - but the page numbers at the top work fine moving forwards & backwards.

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Yeah the arrows don't work. But the page links on the top of the page works.

I have taken out the arrows.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice