1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best Site To Be Hosted By?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by AdrianClarke, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AdrianClarke

AdrianClarke Thread Starter

Hey guys

I'm thinking of starting a website for my dad to try to pick up his business and also to adversite a little computer help on the side...lol

But anyways...there was a site I saw, that was REALLY cheap and you get really good stuff like memory space and e-mail names and stuff but I forgot it.

So I was wondering, if anyone of you guys are hosted, what is a good site that is cheap and good space and also a good template for beginner users mostly because im not into all the coding layouts, so like a pre-layout im guessing.

Any help?! :D

2. namenotfound

namenotfound

Well I use ReadySetHost but I don't know what you mean by "cheap"

For $4/month or $40/year (you save $8 ordering a yearly plan than a monthly plan) I get 5BG of Bandwidth and 250MB Disk Space

3. erick295

erick295

Go Daddy gives you 5GB of storage and 250GB of bandwidth for about $3 a month:

http://www.godaddy.com/

I would trust them. I have an account right now and I'm about to put my portfolio site up there.

4. namenotfound

namenotfound

250GB is a lot. How can they afford to give so much and charge so little O_O

It's unbelivable so I checked, and it's amazing

5. erick295

erick295

I don't know how they do it. I hope I don't find out they actually can't :p

6. doomlord289

doomlord289

I'm hosted by Netfirms. Click here to check out their plans. Their cheapest plan is $65/year (including domain name) and you get:

6GB storage
    300GB monthly data transfer
    10 100MB E-mail accounts @ your domain
    Sub Domains
    1 MySQL database
    PHP 4 and 5
    Perl
    1 FTP account

This is the best deal I have seen so far.
    Another good host is GISOL. Check them out if you want. Ignore that timer, its been running since I first found them on December 18, 2005.

7. sn1p34

sn1p34

http://www.globat.com

10 gigs of space 300 gigs of bandwidth unlimited emails, free setup, free domain, Custom control panel, website builder, with lots of templates, unlimited mysql database, unlimited FTP accounts, No adds, 24/7 customer support, 99.9% percent up time. I've been with them for over 2 years now, heading on to my third year soon. I have had next to no problems and great support.
    $4.95 a month, comes to $59.95 a year.

8. sepiville

sepiville Banned

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice