1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved BEST USB Headset Mic

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by metallica5456, Jan 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Andrew
    Hey guys I'm starting a pc based tech support job and requires me to have a USB headset microphone. I am wanting some opinions on whats going to be best bang for buck and most comfortable after about 8-12 hours a day of use. Feel free to recommend whatever, as long as its USB

2. Xsage

Xsage

First Name:
    Dave
    Congratz on the job!
    My experience has been aimed more towards gaming headsets for high quality sound/music.
    I've also lent more towards wireless headsets as I like the freedom of movement and not having a cable constantly dangling between your legs.

For a more commercial environment, I'd probably get something from Logitech or Sennheiser. Also wireless probably isn't a viable option for a commercial environment.

The style of headphones depends on you and your ears, I've never been comfortable with the big padded overear headphones for long periods of use, but I've sort of trained myself to get used to it.
    The old school spongy style without padding are probably the best for long periods of time as they are light weight and don't push on your ears as much.

All in all if you are not used to wearing headphones, it will feel strange/uncomfortable to start with(similar to a new pair of shoes) - I've had about 10 headsets in the past 6 years, and each of them are different from the last and take about a month to get used to/break them in.

For decent quality-long lasting (if you treat them well) you are looking at about £20 or your regional equivalent. You can find many a lot cheaper if you don't really want to spend much on them.

Id start by looking at:

Logitech H390

Logitech 860

3. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Andrew
    Hey XSage

Thx for the advice, as a matter of fact those are the two I am considering. LOGITECH and sennheuiser are the brands I noticed as well. I think I will go with one of the LOGITECH thx again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1164761

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice