best virus scan, or downloadable ones..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

carriejahnke

Hey, I was just curious what you guys think is the best virus scan out there. I don't really know what to buy. Also, are there any free downloadable ones out there that are any good? cause that'd be awesome---Carrie

I have used all the big ones and for the last few years I have used AVG on over forty computers and Have yet to get a virus infection. I have had run ins with different viruses but nothing AVG could not handle.

carriejahnke

Will Windows recognize AVG as a virus scanner...you know "the three steps to protect your computer" lol--cause that thing keeps popping up saying I don't have any virus protection. Carrie

redcivic said:
I have used all the big ones and for the last few years I have used AVG on over forty computers and Have yet to get a virus infection. I have had run ins with different viruses but nothing AVG could not handle.
Agreed 100% (though this isn't to say Avast isn't as good... I haven't used it myself)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online