1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best way to get 4k resolution on my laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pr0wler, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pr0wler

pr0wler Thread Starter

I bought the ASUS Metal Black a few months back, which I am loving except for the fact that apparently it is HDMI 1.4 and not HDMI 2.0. It's a dedicated GTX 1050. I could really use the extra resolution for work purposes, but I'm not quite sure how to get this going.

Could I use a docking station or something? Or any other realistic way to do this without buying an entirely new laptop? Thanks.

2. pr0wler

pr0wler Thread Starter

Also I will add that 1440p would be totally fine as well, it doesn't have to be full 4k if that makes a difference.

3. pr0wler

pr0wler Thread Starter

helooooo

4. raymondvanwyk

raymondvanwyk

HDMI 1.4 is limited when it comes to 4K since you will run 25 frames, maybe opt for a little smaller resolution, got thunderbolt maybe? see if you can use the thunderbolt instead

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice