Best way to get Office 2016

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

obiewan

First time post here, hope I follow all the rules.

Looking to acquire MS Office 2016 Professional. I have 4 computers, 3 tablets, 3 phones in the house. I have read different things about buying the software vs subscribing in terms of how many devices the software could be installed on. 2 computers use Windows 7, 1 uses Windows 8.1 and 1 uses Windows 10. Seeking advice/referrals on the best/most cost effective way to get MS Office on at least all the computers. All computers currently use MS Office 2007. Thanks.

etaf

First Name
Wayne
i would subscribe to put a standalone version of office on all those machines would be expensive

Assuming and average price of £120 for Office Home & Student
4 computers = £480 and does not include a tablet at that price

the subscription service at £80 per year and you can add to PCs and tablets upto 5 devices - so thats 6years to get a saving - And you are likely to change machines in that time

Also with the subscription you get the FULL version and all products (outlook, publisher - which would cost £250 )

unless you can find a multi-license version to run on 3 or more PCs
then the subscription maybe the way to go.

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Unless you really need to upgrade to Office 2016, what's wrong with staying with Office 2007 and saving yourself a lot of money?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online