1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best way to map network drives

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Guldan, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Guldan

Guldan Thread Starter

Right know I am using SBS login scripts to map drives but we demoted our last SBS box and are now running all server 2008 OS's..

Whats the best way I can hardcode map drives onto a users account?

2. AQ78

AQ78

same as before with a login script, either pop that in there profile section in AD users and computers OR
    in group policy under scripts you can pop your script in there and apply it to whatever users you require.

3. Guldan

Guldan Thread Starter

Well right now its still using that SBS script but I thought there would be a better solution for 2008, maybe something that attaches directly to the user

Or what about something that attaches to an access level? we have something called "mobile user" which has vpn/internet access.. Can I attach certain drive shares to that access level?

4. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

The only thing that attaches directly to a user account, even remotely like mapped drives, would be home directories. Usually, if it's a small environment, simple batch scripts will do just fine.

5. kkurkowski

kkurkowski

6. funguy123us

funguy123us

It's very easy. you can write simple batch file using net use command.

7. aasimenator

aasimenator

The best way in windows 2008 is through Group Policy.

[​IMG]

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!