Best way to map network drives

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Guldan

Right know I am using SBS login scripts to map drives but we demoted our last SBS box and are now running all server 2008 OS's..

Whats the best way I can hardcode map drives onto a users account?

same as before with a login script, either pop that in there profile section in AD users and computers OR
in group policy under scripts you can pop your script in there and apply it to whatever users you require.

Guldan

Well right now its still using that SBS script but I thought there would be a better solution for 2008, maybe something that attaches directly to the user

Or what about something that attaches to an access level? we have something called "mobile user" which has vpn/internet access.. Can I attach certain drive shares to that access level?

The only thing that attaches directly to a user account, even remotely like mapped drives, would be home directories. Usually, if it's a small environment, simple batch scripts will do just fine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts