Best way to scan black and white article?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bj nick

I want to create a very clear scan of an article which contains black and white diagrams and text. What is the best setting to use so that I get an image that can be emailed and read very clearly?

I have a canon N124u scanner

thanks!

Assuming that you don't want to use the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) settings, which never works as well as expected, your talking about an image format.
I'd say scan it as a black & white image at around 100-150 dpi. You may need to tweak it a bit in an image program to sharpen it up a bit.
After that I'd reduce it to 72 dpi & consider converting it to greyscale to reduce the image size. If possible you may want to use .png file format for the final version.

Hola BJ.
So you have any images editor?
If you don't, scan your document, then post it here "as big ad possible, if you need it to print" and I clean it for you.
Uly7

Qoute "So you have any images editor?"
Sorry I mispell (always)
Do you have a images editor?

uly7,
You can edit your own posts on this forum. You do not need to post again to clarify, just click the edit button. You can change the spelling, wording, etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online