Best Web Learning Software

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

y3k45

I ran through Linda's whole training course, and they never emphasize how important it is to not use tables, and use divs instead. It is very outdated aswell, doesn't really show you how to correctly position the divs, etc...

Any suggestions? Would prefer something maybe via DVD or something..

I suspect a DVD would be outdated as soon as it was burnt.
This is a good place to start, and Google will find you many more:
http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
There are many free templates, and I'd recommend just diving right in, swearing a lot and creating sites.

i agree w3schools is where i started, but it only covers basic code so you will need to have a go at some things using the site for a guideline as this will give you a better grasp of the language.

Find a template, build a site, make mistakes and solve the problems.

w3schools all the way. And also, htmlcodetutorial.com has pretty good tutorials with demos

i found out about w3schools when i'm already doing advance html and php coding. however, the best web learning i have used is not a software but a search engine. i started with google.com type in my questions and gives me millions of results that i have mastered html in just a day. there was no frontpage nor dreamweaver. by the time that i'm learning it i was already fond of using notepad and mspaint for my graphics.

Head First Labs (go check out their site) got me started in understanding XHTML and CSS. It explains in in a way that is truly for the beginner, older demographic who doesn't have a lot of capacity to try and learn new things.

Definitely worth a look, especially if you need things explained in simple, simple terms.

Google is and will be your best friend in anything you want to learn. The future, there will be no school!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.