1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best webcam?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Ker-Plunk, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ker-Plunk

Ker-Plunk Thread Starter

I am currently in the market for a new webcam and was wondering if you guys could point out a few that are relatively inexpensive but have good quality. Also I am looking for one that has built in sentry software, where it can detect motion and take pictures of "intruders" or something. I've always liked Logitech or Creative products, but I've never tried their webcams.

Any thoughts?

2. Ash_11

Ash_11

I would have to go with Logitech cam's, anything in their pro line. Then again, I have a biased opinion, as I used to work for their tech line in Europe. I have tested many camera's and nothing came close to the top range that Logitech has to offer. All of their camera's come with a motion sensor software.

However, if you have a digital camera, this too can be used. when I get home tonight, I'll send you a link for software you can use for motion detection that has allot more features then the one provided by Logitech. I've been testing it for a couple of weeks, it's good, a few bugs, but still nice.

3. Ker-Plunk

Ker-Plunk Thread Starter

Awesome thanks!

I did find myself leaning towards a logitech camera, as i have other products from them and have never had any problems.

Cheers!

4. Ash_11

Ash_11

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/198245